By Dr. Jim Murk
Islam Rising: The Never Ending Jihad Against the Jews and Israel by Dr. Jim Murk is Book II in a series on the resurgence of militant, ultra orthodox Islam in the world. Topics covered in book are:
1)The relations of Arabs and Jews from ancient times to the present,
(2) Theodore Herzl and the beginnings of Zionism: The Jews seek to return to the "Promised Land" and reestablish the nation of Israel. The miraculous accomplishment on May 14; 1948 with all the details.
(3) How the British helped in this quest for a Jewish homeland but then curtailed the immigration of Jews to the Mandate in Palestine. Because of their need for oil and the survival of their empire, which included many Muslims in Egypt and India, the Brit ish government finally chose the Arabs over the Jews. They opposed the establishment of a Jewish state.
(4) After the British forsook their promise and stood against the Jews in favor of the Muslim Arabs, the blessing of God was removed and Britain lost the last of her vast empire in 1948, the same year the nation of Israel was born. God's promise of" cursing and blessing" to Abraham had come true.
(5) Five Arab Israeli Wars and further conflicts: The relationship between Jews and Arabs from W\VI to the present is covered in detail describing the five Arab/Israeli wars, Israel's miraculous victories, and continuing struggles up to the present. It even including the most recent confrontations with Hizballah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza Strip. All terrorist groups and support organizations are examined, including those in the United States.
(6) The final chapter: What the Bible has to say about the return of the Jews to their" Land of Promise" in unbelief and the Islamic nations led by Persia (Iran) that attack a restored Israel in order to destroy her. America has been neutralized so Israel's Defender is God Himself It is the time of the Day of the Lord (Ezekiel 39:8) when God will reveal Himself to the world in blessing on his children and the outpouring of his wrath on the rest of the world. This chapter is really an introduction to the third book in this series: Islam Rising: The Muslim Nations, Israel, and America in Biblical Prophecy.
Jim Murk: In the last four years Dr. Murk has been teaching seminars on "What Christians Need to Know About Islam and Terrorism."He studied Islam in the graduate school of anthropology at the University of Minnesota and then taught Islamic Culture Sphere to students at Wheaton College many of whom were committed to missionary service.
Paperback, 311 pages